“Argentina campeonatos del Mundo, Argentina campeonatos del Mundo!”

When I created this composite image, I was directing it towards fans of soccer or even just people who have a general knowledge of soccer. I hope this image captures the message I intended it to which was a significance of the passing of legacies from one legend of Argentina to another. Within the photo, Maradona and Messi are featured and these two players are both legends of the sport and are considered to be all time greats by all with Messi even being seen as the greatest of all time. Throughout Maradona’s international career with Argentina, he won a world cup for them and was labeled as the face of soccer for Argentina. That was until Messi came along, and Argentina had a new face of their soccer team. That is why I choose to use the painting “Creation of Adam” which depicts an angel giving its blessing to Adam. Knowing that, I placed Maradona’s face upon the main angel reaching out to Adam to pass on the blessing, and placed Messi’s face on Adam who is receiving the blessing. This basically depicts Maradona passing on his blessing/legacy to a young Messi. For people who plan to create something like this in the future, I would suggest doing something that you truly like as I had a lot more fun doing something I liked. It allows the creator to have a more free flow of creativity as they are truly connected to message within their work.

3 thoughts on ““Argentina campeonatos del Mundo, Argentina campeonatos del Mundo!”

1. I like how he used 2 players. I like soccer. Therefore, both of these players are very cool. He could have made their faces more visible. I cannot really see them and know who they are. Lastly, he could have taken his time with this. He should take his time. It is a good idea. Although, he should take his time.

2. I really like the message of the photo. I like the idea of passing down the legacy of one legend to another. The faces of Argentina changed through time.

I think he could have matched the face with the fine art painting better. He could have also tried to match the skin tones better. Overall, he could have spent more time on the photo to make it seem more realistic.

Next time, he should just spend more time on his work. He could have matched skin tone and cropped the face better. He should have matched the Messi face better with the fine art painting.

3. I just like the overall significance of the photo. As soon as I saw Messi, I knew where this photo was going. The mask of Maradona’s head onto the angel is absolutely phenomenal as well! One thing that could be better is the world cup trophy. It looks too modern to be a part of the photo. The lighting and color makes it look like something you’d see in today’s portraits, instead of an old portrait. One piece of advice for the photographer is to make this a series. There’s many ideas that you could do, in which someone is figuratively handing someone the torch. Examples that he could do is Ronaldo to Mbappe, and even outside of soccer, like Kobe to Jayson Tatum.