“Take off that suit and what are you?”

1. What is the subject of your illustration and why did you choose it? Explain.

The subject featured in my Pictogram Poster is Tony Stark and his alter ego Iron Man. I decided to choose this to be my subject for my Pictogram Poster because Iron Man is one of my favorite superheroes and he fits the theme very well. 

1. What do you like about your art? Explain.

Throughout my piece of art, there are 3 things that I thought, not to toot my own horn, were very cool and likable. First, I really like the “O” in “Iron” being the actual Stark reactor seen in Tony’s chest. Another thing I really like is the font I was able to find and how well it fits the theme of my poster. Finally, I really like Iron Man taking off in the middle of the “M” and “A” of “Man” as I think it’s just a cool little addition. 

1. What advice would you give another student before they begin the pictogram technique? Explain.

The only piece of advice I would give to another student before they begin the pictogram technique is to choose something they really like to be their subject. This will help them stay motivated throughout their work and allow them to create something they truly like.